Bec grew up in Bendemeer, a small village on the outskirts of Tamworth. She moved to Newcastle in 2004 and worked in the beauty industry for many years before relocating to Dubbo. In 2011 Bec completed her Diploma of Remedial Massage at the Advanced Massage College Australia. She then worked as the Remedial Massage Therapist for the Medical and Allied Health Group in Dubbo for a number of years. In 2015 Bec moved back to Newcastle and set up her business working out of Peak Physio in Newcastle's East End.
Over the years Bec has completed further studies in various styles of massage including Lymphatic Drainage, sports massage, Myofascial Release and Pregnancy Massage. Bec has completed specialised training with Pregnancy Massage Australia and is a qualified NutureLife Practitioner. As a NutureLife Practitioner Bec has the skills to treat high risk pregnancies and treats pregnant women from the first trimester to the end of their pregnancy.
In January 2019 Bec and her colleague opened up their own massage clinic on Bolton Street in Newcastle East. It has been her vision for many years to have her own clinic where she can create a warm, nurturing and relaxing space for her clients to come for their treatments.
Bec uses a holistic approach when it comes to treating the body, and believes that by addressing other issues such as emotions, past trauma to the body, diet, exercise and posture, it will help ensure a quicker and lasting result in helping the body to overcome pain. Bec uses a variety of bodywork and acupressure techniques which help to balance and remove pain from the body. She is a firm believer in the value of touch in healing and recovery and feels that massage is one of the most natural healing methods one could choose.
- Diploma Remedial Massage- Advanced Massage College Australia
- Cert IV Massage therapy practice
- NurtureLife Pregnancy Massage Practitioner
- Certificate of Pregnancy Massage
- Certificate Structural Aligning and Sports Massage
- Certificate Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Certificate Advanced Myotherapy- SLM Bodywork, QLD
- 200hr certified Ashtanga Yoga Teacher - Ajarya Yoga Academy, Rishikesh, India
- Certificate TRE- Trauma Release Exercises
- Diploma of Aromatherapy
- Advanced Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Member of the Australian Natural Therapists Association