Bec is a fully qualified massage therapist specialising in Remedial and Pregnancy Massage.
Originally from Tamworth, she completed her diploma in remedial massage at the Advanced Massage College Australia in Dubbo. She then worked as the massage therapist for a large medical and allied health centre in Dubbo for a number of years. She relocated to Newcastle 5 years ago and set up her business working out of Peak Physio in the Newcastle cbd.
She has trained under renowned massage therapist and trainer Steve Lockhart, completing her myotherapy training and she continues to update her skills to remain current with industry standards.
Bec uses a holistic approach when it comes to treating the body and believes that by addressing other issues such as emotions, past trauma to the body, diet, exercise and self treatment will help ensure a quicker and lasting result in helping the body to overcome pain. Bec uses a variety of bodywork and acupressure techniques which help to balance and remove pain from the body. Bec is a firm believer in the value of touch in healing and recovery and feels that massage is one of the most natural healing methods one could choose.
- Diploma Remedial Massage- Advanced Massage College Australia, Dubbo
- Cert IV Massage therapy practice
- Certificate of Pregnancy Massage
- Certificate Structural Aligning and Sports Massage
- Certificate Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Certificate Advanced Myotherapy- SLM Bodywork, QLD
- 200hr certified Ashtanga Yoga Teacher - Ajarya Yoga Academy, Rishikesh, India
- Certificate TRE- Trauma Release Exercises
- Diploma of Aromatherapy
- Advanced Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Member of the Australian Natural Therapists Association