Bec grew up in Bendemeer, a small village on the outskirts of Tamworth. She moved to Newcastle in 2004 and worked in the beauty industry for many years before relocating to Dubbo. In 2011 Bec completed her Diploma of Remedial Massage at the Advanced Massage College Australia. She then worked as the Remedial Massage Therapist for the Medical and Allied Health Group in Dubbo for a number of years. 5 years ago she moved back to Newcastle and set up her business working out of Peak Physio in Newcastle's East End.
Over the years Bec has completed further studies in various styles of massage, but has always had a passion for Pregnancy massage. She has completed her training with Pregnancy Massage Australia and in 2019 Bec will be upgrading her qualifications to become a Nuturelife Pregnancy Massage Practitioner. This will allow her to treat high risk clients, and is the highest qualification for Pregnancy massage in Australia. It is important that a therapist is fully trained in this type of massage due to the constant changes the body goes through during pregnancy.
In January 2019 Bec and her colleague opened up their own massage clinic on Bolton Street in Newcastle East. It has been her vision for many years to have her own clinic where she can create a warm, nurturing and relaxing space for her clients to come for their treatments.
Bec uses a holistic approach when it comes to treating the body, and believes that by addressing other issues such as emotions, past trauma to the body, diet, exercise and self treatment, it will help ensure a quicker and lasting result in helping the body to overcome pain. Bec uses a variety of bodywork and acupressure techniques which help to balance and remove pain from the body. She is a firm believer in the value of touch in healing and recovery and feels that massage is one of the most natural healing methods one could choose.
- Diploma Remedial Massage- Advanced Massage College Australia
- Cert IV Massage therapy practice
- Certificate of Pregnancy Massage
- Certificate Structural Aligning and Sports Massage
- Certificate Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Certificate Advanced Myotherapy- SLM Bodywork, QLD
- 200hr certified Ashtanga Yoga Teacher - Ajarya Yoga Academy, Rishikesh, India
- Certificate TRE- Trauma Release Exercises
- Diploma of Aromatherapy
- Advanced Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Member of the Australian Natural Therapists Association